In my book " Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry", by Mildred D. Taylor, Cassie Logan is the main character. Cassie is a nine year-old girl who lives in Mississippi. Cassie lives in a time where there is racism, so she doesn't understand much about why colored people don't have a bus or they have to wait in line for they're things. Cassie also has a temper so, she doesn't have a lot of patients. She's also very confused about this world and is always wondering about the land she owns and why it's so important.
I think Cassie and I are related because I also wonder about the world and wonder why racism exists and sexism, and bullying. I always wonder what would the world be like if racism never existed, would things be the same like they were today ? Cassie wonders why black people were the ones that were treated differently and I also wonder why too, how come it was never the other way around ? I feel like Cassie and I just wonder why was everything so confusing back then and also we don't have much patient. For Cassie when ever you talk about her family or try to pick up a fight with her she'll lose her patients immediately and her temper will come out. That's probably the same for me but I would just defend my self because, for my temper to come out I would have to be in a really really heated argument.
So in a way Cassie and are alike and we probably have the same emotions towards the same topic.
No comments:
Post a Comment